THE MCBEE WINE BLOG DIARY

My mother, Camille McBee, partnered with Bobby G. Smith, Winemaker, in North Texas for over 30 years. Together they worked to develop a National and International name for Texas Wines. In 2009 she passed away too young, but she left behind a Texas Wine Industry that was better because of her dedication and she left a family with a deep rooted love and appreciation for wine and entertaining. This blog serves as a diary of my adventures in wine and as a lasting toast to my mother. -Cheers!

This blog is NOT intended to be the authority on tasting notes, or a professional guide for wine experts; it's simply a place for me to share some of my opinions and findings about wine with my friends and other wine lovers.

I truly hope you will use this blog to help you the next time you are thinking about what to buy at the wine store or deciding what to order at a local restaurant or when you travel to the wine country. ENJOY!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dinner with Friends - Some Super Wines

Our Good friends Sandy and Chuck Hutchison were over for dinner a few weeks back.    Chuck and I are always comparing notes on wine and he appreciates wine, especially a good California Cabernet.  

Dinner was a garlic and salt rubbed beef tenderloin with simple baked potatoes along with a great green salad.  

This seemed like a good occasion to pull out some of the Napa Wine Company collection wines.    We started with a Ma(i)sonry Pinot Noir... stunning, seriously amazing, I loved it!   This was an amazing wine.    I have been to the Ma(i)sonny tasting room in Napa, which a really cool venue, as you taste your wine while surrounded by super expensive art.  It is all for sale so be careful not to spill anything.

The Next bottle was a Nickel and Nickel Cabernet from Napa Valley.    This is also a great wine and is a big wine that matched the steak perfectly.

It was a great night, with good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment