THE MCBEE WINE BLOG DIARY

My mother, Camille McBee, partnered with Bobby G. Smith, Winemaker, in North Texas for over 30 years. Together they worked to develop a National and International name for Texas Wines. In 2009 she passed away too young, but she left behind a Texas Wine Industry that was better because of her dedication and she left a family with a deep rooted love and appreciation for wine and entertaining. This blog serves as a diary of my adventures in wine and as a lasting toast to my mother. -Cheers!

This blog is NOT intended to be the authority on tasting notes, or a professional guide for wine experts; it's simply a place for me to share some of my opinions and findings about wine with my friends and other wine lovers.

I truly hope you will use this blog to help you the next time you are thinking about what to buy at the wine store or deciding what to order at a local restaurant or when you travel to the wine country. ENJOY!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dinner at the Nasher Sculpture Center Dallas brings back some great memories over an amazing glass of Quintessa

Meredith and I celebrated Hockaday Graduation with Friends at the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas.   Although there are many notable things about the center... the art, the amazing sculptures and activities, I am writing this evening to mention the amazing wine served at the event.    Among the many options at the bar that evening was a 2007 Quintessa Napa Valley Red Wine.     You may have read in previous posts that this is one of my most favorite selections.    As a refresher,  I came to know this wine around 2002.   My good friend Mike Edwards, from lubbock, Texas, had insisted on a bottle during a dinner at Al Biernat's in Dallas.      That night, after a couple of bottles (ouch), I admit it -I was hooked.    It was an amazing wine and I promised myself I would visit the winery someday.   Finally in 2009, I visited the winery with my Mother, Meredith and the rest of my wine family.     It is truly an amazing winery, with one of the most magnificent views in the Napa Valley, an amazing wine story and an impressive facility for making one of the worlds finest wines.   The tasting have become rather difficult to book, but it is one of my highest recommendations while in the wine country.   It is a Napa "Don't Miss" for the wine snob for sure!

So back to my story...     this wine was served at the graduation ceremony this week and it brought back some great memories of finding this wine with my good friend Mike Edwards and memories of visiting the winery with my mother and Meredith many years back.     Thanks to my friend David Haemisseger for the excellent wine selection this week and congratulations to Sarah and all the 2012 graduates from the Hockaday school!

No comments:

Post a Comment