THE MCBEE WINE BLOG DIARY

My mother, Camille McBee, partnered with Bobby G. Smith, Winemaker, in North Texas for over 30 years. Together they worked to develop a National and International name for Texas Wines. In 2009 she passed away too young, but she left behind a Texas Wine Industry that was better because of her dedication and she left a family with a deep rooted love and appreciation for wine and entertaining. This blog serves as a diary of my adventures in wine and as a lasting toast to my mother. -Cheers!

This blog is NOT intended to be the authority on tasting notes, or a professional guide for wine experts; it's simply a place for me to share some of my opinions and findings about wine with my friends and other wine lovers.

I truly hope you will use this blog to help you the next time you are thinking about what to buy at the wine store or deciding what to order at a local restaurant or when you travel to the wine country. ENJOY!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snake River Grille, Jackson, WY: Happy Birthday Erin!



January 19th, 2012: A Jackson Hole favorite, we return again and again to the SRG. This year marks the 4th year in row Meredith and I have celebrated a birthday with our good friend Erin McNeil along with her husband Scott and friend Mellisa Pogue while in JH for our family ski vacation.  

Basically, it's Erins birthday so she gets to choose and this year is was the SRG.    We started with an amazing steak tar tar pizza, sausage stuffed dates and crab claws. All were great, but the pizza is not to be missed!   The elk loin was back on the menu this season and I was stoked.    I always order this when on the menu at SRG.    Everyone tried a bite and I feel certain that each was pretty jealous of my elk ... It is simply amazing.

We had a J Pinot Noir with the appetizers, which matched up perfectly with the pizza.   Good Pinots can get up there, so for the money, this one is a great deal.  I think it was under $50.  For the main performance...    Paul Hobbs, Corssbarn Cabernet;  What an excellent bottle of wine!     Everyone loved the selection and also another reasonable selection that was perfect with the steaks and the elk.   If you have not had a Paul Hobbs wine...   please, for your own good, go have one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment