THE MCBEE WINE BLOG DIARY

My mother, Camille McBee, partnered with Bobby G. Smith, Winemaker, in North Texas for over 30 years. Together they worked to develop a National and International name for Texas Wines. In 2009 she passed away too young, but she left behind a Texas Wine Industry that was better because of her dedication and she left a family with a deep rooted love and appreciation for wine and entertaining. This blog serves as a diary of my adventures in wine and as a lasting toast to my mother. -Cheers!

This blog is NOT intended to be the authority on tasting notes, or a professional guide for wine experts; it's simply a place for me to share some of my opinions and findings about wine with my friends and other wine lovers.

I truly hope you will use this blog to help you the next time you are thinking about what to buy at the wine store or deciding what to order at a local restaurant or when you travel to the wine country. ENJOY!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

New Wine Review


Attended a business dinner this week and had a wine that I wanted to mention.    We had a 2013 Seavey Cabernet.    Great bottle of wine and I looked it up online after the meal.   Retail prices range from $80-100.    It was an impressive wine.   I know this is not the most value oriented suggestion I have made, but I visited their website and this is the cheapest of their Cabernets; one is listed for over $1,200 for the bottle, which makes this one a steal in comparison.

This was a big Cabernet, but with a nice subtle finish.   I was not familiar with the wine, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but immediately upon just smelling the wine I could tell I was going to like it.

Next time your in the wine store, maybe looking for a gift for the wine friend.   Here is a not so popular idea that I promise will impress.

No comments:

Post a Comment