THE MCBEE WINE BLOG DIARY

My mother, Camille McBee, partnered with Bobby G. Smith, Winemaker, in North Texas for over 30 years. Together they worked to develop a National and International name for Texas Wines. In 2009 she passed away too young, but she left behind a Texas Wine Industry that was better because of her dedication and she left a family with a deep rooted love and appreciation for wine and entertaining. This blog serves as a diary of my adventures in wine and as a lasting toast to my mother. -Cheers!

This blog is NOT intended to be the authority on tasting notes, or a professional guide for wine experts; it's simply a place for me to share some of my opinions and findings about wine with my friends and other wine lovers.

I truly hope you will use this blog to help you the next time you are thinking about what to buy at the wine store or deciding what to order at a local restaurant or when you travel to the wine country. ENJOY!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Comittee Meeting

Our good friends Laura and Bart hosted 10 friends at their house last night.  We had a great time with all our close friends.   Dinner was great, thanks Laura and Bart.   Everyone brought along some wine for the evening and we had two that were quite a treat.      The first was a 2008, Cain Concept.  ($58)  Cain is a great winery on Spring Mountain in the Northwest Napa area.   I have been there and it is a beautiful winery; you can see the Pacific ocean from the vineyards.   This winery produces and distributes wine to restaurants so you will be able to find this in almost any restaurant.  Concept is a Bordeaux blend with plenty of punch.      it was a great wine, had plenty of fruit, very light notes of coffee and oak and it had a hint of a metallic taste, which is not common in read wines.

Ok, now for the next wine.   Melissa brought a 2002 Silver Oak Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.  ($149) I have had Silver Oak in the past and have liked it but it had never been on my favorite list.   Well, let me say that this wine last night was awesome.   I am a sucker for big Napa Cabs and this one is the poster child for sure.   This 2002 bottle has had some time and it was really well balanced with fruit and Oak.  I tasted berry and a bit of chocolate.  I really enjoyed the entire glass, thanks Mel for this great gift for the evening.

2 comments: